You can keep helping us expand the Shawn Mendes Wiki by creating pages and editing. If you need help getting started, check out our help pages.
Mendes released his self-titled debut EP (2014) and his debut studio album Handwritten (2015), whose single "Stitches" reached number one in the United Kingdom and the top 10 in the United States and Canada. He then released his second studio album Illuminate (2016), whose singles "Treat You Better" and "There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back" reached the top 10 in several countries. His self-titled third studio album (2018) was supported by the lead single "In My Blood". All three albums debuted atop the US Billboard 200, with the first one making Mendes one of five artists ever to debut at number one before the age of 18 and the third one making him the third-youngest artist to achieve three number one albums. In 2017, Mendes became the first artist to land three number-one singles on the Billboard Adult Contemporary chart before turning 20 years old. In 2018, he became the first artist to achieve four number-one singles on the Adult Pop Songs chart before the age of 20 as well. In 2019, he released the hit singles "If I Can't Have You" and "Señorita", with the latter peaking at number one on the US Billboard Hot 100. In December 2020, Mendes released his fourth studio album Wonder and became the youngest male artist ever to top the Billboard 200 with four regular studio albums.
- Shawn's mother, Karen, was born in England and is a real estate agent, and his father Manuel, is a businessman.
- He can play both the piano and the guitar.
- He gets his second name from his father, who has Portuguese heritage
- Shawn released his first studio album, Handwritten, in April 2015.
- He went to the Pine Ridge Secondary School in the Pickering suburb of Ontario.