The comprehensive wiki for Shawn Mendes, which anyone can edit.3,735 Edits | 186 Articles | 11 Active Users | 655 Images
Shawn Peter Raul Mendes (August 8, 1998) is a Canadian singer and songwriter. He gained a following in 2013, posting song covers on the video-sharing application Vine. The following year, he caught the attention of artist manager Andrew Gertler and Island Records A&R Ziggy Chareton, which led to him signing a deal with the record label. He has since released three studio albums, headlined three world tours, and received several nominations and awards.
Mendes released his self-titled debut EP (2014) and his debut studio album Handwritten (2015), whose single "Stitches" reached number one in the United Kingdom and the top 10 in the United States and Canada. He then released his second studio album Illuminate]] (2016), whose singles "Treat You Better", "Mercy", and "There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back" reached the top 10 in several countries. He recently released his self-titled third studio album (2018), whose single "In My Blood" reached the top 10 in several countries. All three albums debuted atop the US Billboard 200, with the first one making Mendes one of five artists to ever debut at number one before the age of 18 and the third one making him the third-youngest artist to earn three number one albums.
- Shawn's mother, Karen, was born in England and is a real estate agent, and his father Manuel, is a businessman.
- He can play both the piano and the guitar.
- He gets his second name from his father, who has Portuguese heritage
- Shawn released his first studio album, Handwritten, in April 2015.
- He went to the Pine Ridge Secondary School in the Pickering suburb of Ontario.